Stuck for a healthy lunch option?
Posted on Categories Diet & Nutrition
In this lovely warm weather, it’s great to have a nice healthy salad for lunch, so here’s one with a Mediterranean twist…………
- 225g cooked quinoa
- 1 pot of mini buffalo mozzarellas
- 1 large handful of pitted black olives
- 1 tin mixed pulses (in water), drained
- 1 small jar of sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped into bite size pieces
- A large handful of fresh basil leaves
- A pinch of chilli flakes to taste
For the dressing
- A glug of good olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper to taste
Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl keeping a few basil leaves to one side for garnish. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and then pour over the salad and mix in thoroughly. Allow to sit for half an hour while the flavours infuse, and then serve.
This should make enough for 2-3 people as a main lunch dish, but also works well as an accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken. I hope you like it!